Getting christmas crafy! I wanted to create somekind of advent calendar but came across this idea and decided to do this one first! I will go for the advent one for next year. I liked the idea of 12 days of christmas with cute little notes in each day. I did make a couple of adjustments to the instructions from BHG. I could not find the envelopes quickly so I just cut out scrapbook paper and glued it on. I found some cute scrapbook stickers and added those on as well. Also, choose white alphabet stickers after seeing the black ones did not look right to me. Now to start counting down the 12 days this coming week!
Better Homes and Gardens 12 Days of Christmas board
The materials I used - it was around $20 for the project, but the bulletin board was the most so if you have this on hand it will be less!
12 Days of Christmas Bulletin Board CalendarCount down the days until Christmas with an easy-to-make calendar that features special activities tucked into daily pockets.
What You'll Need
• 18x14-inch bulletin board
• Acrylic paints and paintbrush ( I used spraypaint here which was already done in the pic above)
• Patterned paper
• Crafts glue (optional)
• Double-sided tape
• Twelve 2-1/4x3-1/2-inch red coin envelopes
• Numbered stamps (0 through 9)
• Black ink pad
• 1-1/4-inch-diameter white sticker labels
• 1-1/4-inch-diameter metal-rim tags
• Hot-glue glue and hotmelt adhesive
• Slips of white paper
How to Make It
1. Paint the frame of the bulletin board; let dry. Adhere patterned paper to the front of the board using crafts glue or double-sided tape.
2. Cut off the flaps of the red coin envelopes to create open tops. Space the envelopes evenly on the bulletin board and attach with double-sided tape.
3. Stamp each number 1 through 12 onto a sticker label. Attach the labels to the metal-rim tags; hot-glue the metal-rim tags onto the envelops.
4. Write or print activities for each of the 12 days on slips of white paper.
5. Insert slips into envelopes.
9 hours ago