Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sedona Adventure!

I must get up north periodically to have adventure! I went up to Sedona this weekend just for the day to hike, but literally took a wrong turn and had an adventure! I was busy talking and missed the turn off to Sedona - all of a sudden I see pine trees and knew we had gone too far. So - I was thinking there was a turn off soon to go back down to Sedona. I took what I originally thought was a paved road, but turned out to be the Schnebly Hill road that I have always wanted to take (but did not have the car) Yeah for 4 wheel drive! Gorgeous views, but they were not joking when I read later 4 wheel drive is required.








After taking the off road, then it was on to hiking! Went to one I had never done, Brins Mesa Trail. Highly recommend it! Perfect weather this day to hike, the highs were in the 60's (even Flagstaff was in the 50's still!)








Then to make it even more random, we heard about a Chocolate Walk in Cottonwood, so immediately after hiking drove over to Cottonwood. Unfortuantely, the tickets were sold out but still went on the walk around old town. Found the best place for olive oils and basalmic vinegar, Verde Valley Olive Oil trader - yummy chocolate balsamic vinegar!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading comments so thank you for your postive and helpful tips!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...