Thursday, June 30, 2011

I started sewing!!

I have been wanting to sew....really....but somehow something just keeps getting in the way. Actually it is that I had no idea what I was doing and tended to get frustrated after the first hour to figure out how the whole process works! My friend Kelly had her husband out of town and decided to have a girls crafty day which was the perfect opportunity for me to finally figure out how to use the sewing machine I got back in January.

Its not like I was trying to make something complicated - just pillow covers - but since I never took home ec the biggest learning process was just trying to figure out how to thread the machine and get it started! I also broke the needle so had to learn how to re-do that too! I did not take any pictures, but lets just say that I got there at 1 pm and between talking, snacking and sewing finally for two done by 6 pm.

I had a couple of pillows from my old decor color (red) that I discovered had zippers to take off the old covers. I then just created knife edge pillow covers (like these ones on Martha Stewart) but I actually used a pattern in the singer sewing book I had. The fabric is from Hobby Lobby. :)






0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading comments so thank you for your postive and helpful tips!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...