Monday, November 14, 2011

Dr OZ Green drink- my new afternoon pick me up

Healthy Monday! I recently got a juicer from Breville featured in the documentary "Fat Sick and Nearly Dead" if you have not see it, check it out for inspiration on getting healthy! It follows the story of a couple of men getting healthy from juicing (that would be veggies and fruit, not the other kind).








I do not want to live on juice but I have been trying to get more fruit/veggies in my diet by drinking rather than eating.  Instead of that afternoon diet coke I have actually been trying to bring green drinks to work. I have tried juicing mixes - mostly carrots, apples and greens. Then I came across the Dr OZ green drink looking to try something different.


Dr OZ green drink

Ingredients
2 cups spinach
2 cups cucumber
1 head of celery
1/2 inch or teaspoon ginger root
1 bunch parsley
2 apples
Juice of 1 lime
Juice of 1/2 lemon



You may see this and think it is not for you - but give it a try! I find that I like to leave out the parsley and celery, and then sometimes add another apple for sweetness.  I get the Spinach at Costco in a big bin with the apples and then just use lemon and lime from a jar. I use my vitamix to make this one - have I mentioned how much I love my vitamix?? It is the workhorse of my kitchen, my most used appliance, the microwave is even getting lonely. 


Dr OZ helping out one of my idols Oprah. Go green juice!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading comments so thank you for your postive and helpful tips!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...