Friday, November 18, 2011

Thanksgiving Dinner Menu and Place card ideas

Once again I am having my family over for Thanksgiving. It really ends up being 10 people so it is not a big group but this will be only my second Thanksgiving doing this. Last year I wimped out  - I ordered half the meal including the turkey from AJ's Fine Foods (although I did attempt to make a second turkey on my own). This year, I am not having any of that! Now I need to do it on my own. Turkeys have already been bought and are just waiting for Thanksgiving! I may not be ordering in food but I did get a little help from my friends at Williams Sonoma! I love that they have meal plans already set to make, it helps newbies like me! 




So here is my Thanksgiving menu so far:
Potato Ricer - When I first saw this I thought ricer had more to do with rice than Potatoes. Although there is another brand at Williams Sonoma, this one is larger and was recommended by one of the associates here. It is supposed to make the best mashed potatoes!






Brine Solution - Last year the turkey I did make came out dry. Part of that is due to my oven since it is a convection oven. Most items I make need less time than on the recipe due to this. This year we are going to brine the turkeys to see if that can help as well.






Pumpkin Pie -Lastly, my goal this year is to attempt to make a pie. We will likely create a back up pie from the store, but I am giving this one a try. I got the pie cutters to make it decorative, the pie mix, and the emile henry pie dish.






I am still thinking about making these cake pops  from Bakerella as well if I can fit in the time!




I am still determining my place card holders, but here are a few ideas from Pinterest.



Source: bhg.com via Debbie on Pinterest







1 comment:

I LOVE reading comments so thank you for your postive and helpful tips!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...