Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Under $25 DIY Starburst Mirror

Yes, these are all over the blogs and been done before but they are too pretty to pass up! I actually started this mirror over a month ago, completed it, then delayed finishing it. I could not decide what color to paint it, but finally just went with good old white. Changing it is just a spray paint can away if I change my mind! Here are all of the details how this was made.

Supply List:

Mirror from Hobby Lobby – half off for $12.50! The mirror for this project is 14 in wide.


Dowel Rods – Also from Hobby Lobby. I had 16 sticks for this mirror which came out to $11


Spray Paint – For this project I used Gloss White from Rustoleum and Rustoleum Primer that I already had.

Glue Gun


Excuse the bad pics, I was still learning how to use the camera I have now when I took these (but getting a new one soon!)




First I used a miter box to cut the dowel rods (you can get one of these at Home Depot ). Here are the specific cuts I did for this mirror.


8 pieces of 8 in rods


16 pieces of 10 in rods


16 pieces of 12 in rods


8 pieces of 14 in rods




After grouping the sizes together I got to work on gluing the rods to the mirror!






I then taped the mirror with frog tape, used Rustolemum primer and then the high gloss white spray paint.




All Finished!





I changed out a candle holder in the master bedroom for this mirror.

 
Before






After

 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading comments so thank you for your postive and helpful tips!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...