Thursday, February 24, 2011

Making a Grand Entrance

I see all of these ideas online and not sure how to adapt them to my rooms. Most ideas I see are how to make a room look bigger or create a sense of space – whereas my house already has the space! I have been struggling to figure out what to do with my entry way. It is MASSIVE. The front entrance wall is over 15 feet long and high enough to have a second story.  I have had my eye on this table for awhile from pottery barn –Tivoli. I actually need a table this long – 84inches- or two console tables to fill this space. At $650 with the shipping I have been trying to figure out an more economical option in the meantime.



So here is what I have so far. I had a smaller console table from PB from my first place years ago that has been placed in the entry way (at only 39 inches you can see why I need a longer piece!). To make the visual impact bigger, I just added the couple of extra dining chairs from the breakfast nook when I got the Ballard chairs from Craigslist!



For the wall, awhile back I found this big mirror on craigslist as well for $50, but it started out gold….which is NOT my style….



A spray paint can of oil rubbed bronze later made it stand out better!

For the side art, I turned to Graham and Brown wallpaper samples! $3 for a large sample! Frames are just from IKEA.




Lastly, just a couple of accessories from HomeGoods and Ikea for the table runner make this my entry way so far. Inside I hold all of my decorating magazines!


1 comment:

  1. I love the mirror. It makes such a statement!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments so thank you for your postive and helpful tips!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...