Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Gym makeover - just in time for the holidays

If you read my recap post on Thanksgiving you saw I really did not get the chance to overstuff myself from Thanksgiving meals. It is that time of year though - when way too many treats are available and you start to think about your New Years resolution. You know the one - the one you make every year to hit the gym more! I started this early with making over my home gym. Sure it took a year but better late than never! It is a work in progress- I have a thought to add more mirrors to the room. 


Here is what I started with. I always had a treadmill but felt crowded in the room. It was a gym/extra guest bed/desk room. Too much all at once!



I had the shelves also not even on the walls - one was on one wall, and the other shelf was on the other. It made it feel even more crowded.



Proof that it always looks worse before it looks better. 



And now the result so far! I still have work to do on the walls but so much easier to workout in this room. I moved in my bike and trainer (just in case I get on the triathlon track again) and my rebounder (which I started using when I learned about Tracy Anderson)



It still is a gym/desk area/ soon to be my craft area but looking much better. 




I also tried to make the many books we have look a little better by placing a few items between the book and changing the way they are stacked.





1 comment:

I LOVE reading comments so thank you for your postive and helpful tips!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...