Tuesday, December 28, 2010

No Sew Scarves!

I may be in warm AZ now but in a couple of weeks I will be skiing. I saw this great idea over at Little Wonders Days for No Sew Fleece Scarves. Best of all, it just takes some scissors and some fleece material! I have not yet bought a sewing machine so I am limited in what I can do now with fabric. I plan to give these out to some of the girls I am skiing with.

Here is the finished product with myself and my sister who is visiting from Portland modeling. Yes, it is sunny and a nice pool behind but really I will be in snow soon!



To do this project, I headed over to Hobby Lobby and picked up a couple of patterns - all for $12 and it made 6 scarves! I bought two fabrics with one yard a piece.


First I laid out the fabric. I do not have a cutting board so I did this free hand. I used the line where the carpet met the tile to keep it somewhat straight!



I then cut 12 inch wide strips in the fabric. Then, on the ends cut the fringe 4 inches into the fabric about 1 inch wide. It took only about 30 minutes to do this project, quick and easy!


Linked to:
NightOwlCrafting 
http://www.thethriftyhome.com BWS tips buttonGet your craft on Thurs.





2 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea! Although I sew, I guess I've never thought to make a fleece scarf which would be an easy no-sew project! Thank you so much for linking up on Sew Woodsy!

    We featured your project today!
    http://sewwoodsy.blogspot.com/2010/12/friday-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly, these turned out great! I love the fleece you picked. Thanks for the blog mention. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading comments so thank you for your postive and helpful tips!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...